The Wind Farm Project
The project to turn the Midlands of Ireland into a corridor wasteland where development and growth will cease and the population will decrease.
The irish and UK Governments are planning to give the green light to private equity firms to construct wind farms (approx 2,500 wind turbines) across the Midlands, (Laois Offaly, Kildare, Westmeath and Meath), to supply the UK with energy for the UK market only. There is no current legislation in place to determine appropriate distances from peoples’ homes.
Minister Rabbitte stated, “there is no point in getting the planning right and finding no companies left.” – Leinster Express, 12th March 2013.
Ask yourself the following questions.
- Who will be able to sell a house within the vicinity of a wind turbine?
- Who will want to buy a house adjacent to a wind turbine?
- What value will you put on your property for the Household Property Tax?
- Who will want to visit an area where the landscape is visually blighted by giant industrial turbines?
- Who would like to be constantly irrated by the incessant noise that these turbines create?
- Who would want to suffer any of the symptoms associated with “Wind Turbine Syndrome” such as disturbed sleep, heart palpitations, a sense of unease, headaches, irritability, tinnitus, hearing loss, fatigue, chest pain / pressure, reduced cognitive function…the list goes on.
- What jobs? Do not believe the Government spin.
- Do you want another planning fiasco to be inflicted on our countryside?